By Admin Cairo (For CNN) — Egyptians began three days of mourning Thursday for the 79 people who perished at a violent soccer riot, as the nation’s fledgling parliament erupted in anger over the national tragedy. The speaker of the parliament ordered an end to a live broadcast of Thursday’s parliament session, so heated was [...]
By Admin High Court Judge Isaac Lenaola/FILE NAIROBI, Kenya, Feb 2 – The High Court has barred members of the public and authorities from discussing whether Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta and Eldoret North Member of Parliament William Ruto are eligible to vie for the presidency. Justice Isaac Lenaola issued the directive during the mention [...]
By Admin President Mwai Kibaki (right) flanked by Prime Minister Raila Odinga unveils a commemorative plaque to mark the official opening of Kisumu International Airport on February 02, 2012. PHOTO / PPS President Kibaki on Thursday opened the expanded Kisumu International Airport which previously only handled domestic flights. Disclosing that the first phase of the [...]
By Admin Cemortan poses during an interview with the Adevarul Chisinau newspaper/AFP ROME, Feb 2 – A 25-year-old blonde Moldovan dancer who was on board the Costa Concordia told prosecutors that she was “in love” and “a guest” of the doomed cruise ship’s captain, Italian newspapers reported on Thursday. “Yes, it’s true. I am in [...]
By Admin Customised number plate on Mariga’s hummer/FILE NAIROBI, Kenya, Feb 2 – The Registrar of Motor Vehicles and the police have launched a major crackdown on vehicles that bear customised number plates. The Registrar of Motor Vehicles Francis Meja told Capital News that any vehicle bearing names of individuals was in contravention of the [...]
By Admin Residents of this building claimed it started sinking NAIROBI, Kenya, Feb 2 – Dozens of residents at a four-storey building in Kahawa’s Wendani estate in Nairobi were forced to move out on Thursday after the house begun ‘sinking’. The building which is still under construction is reported to have developed cracks since Wednesday, [...]
By Admin NAIROBI, Kenya, Feb 1 – President Mwai Kibaki has directed the Ministers for Finance and Education to work out modalities to increase the available spaces in secondary schools to admit the growing number of students exiting primary schools. President Kibaki, at the same time, assured that his government would allocate funds in the [...]
By Admin LONDON,England,February 1 – Manchester United drew level with Manchester City at the top of the table on Tuesday after Old Trafford old boy Darron Gibson scored the winner for Everton in a 1-0 victory over the Premier League leaders. Gibson, who was often pilloried by sections of United’s support before he joined Everton [...]
By Admin LIVERPOOL, England, February 1 – Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini admitted he was to blame for the costly defeat that provided Manchester United with renewed hope in the title race. Mancini insisted he got it all wrong as Darron Gibson’s first Premier League goal since March 2010 enabled United to move level on [...]
Listen with any phone in US & Canada , Dial 1-484-718-0361
- East Africa Radio USA is now Border fm live from Kenya. May 19, 2013
- Zimbabwe university lecturer jailed for Mugabe insult May 19, 2013
- Terror suspects killed, police officers injured in Nairobi raid May 19, 2013
- Ruto’s luxury jet hire to cost Sh100m May 19, 2013
- JSC wants Judge in Pattni case probed May 18, 2013
- Ghana cancel Harambee Stars tie May 17, 2013
- Kenyans tribal churches abroad..do we need them..? March 13, 2011
- Al Jazeera to launch a Swahili TV channel May 24, 2011
- Breaking news: Tragedy as Olympics hero Samuel Wanjiru plunges to death May 16, 2011
- Kenyans cry and torture in Saudi Arabia March 12, 2011
- Breaking news: Musa juma of hit song Maselina dies. March 15, 2011
- Ferguson confirms Nani absence March 12, 2011
- pamela: Love the music...
- shani ndege: what are you people waiting ??? you can start from...
- fumbi: at this rate...tutaanza kuabudu sonko n his ilk. s...
- Mercy Opiyo: This is great news, Aljazeera Karibu Kenya kabisa,...
- gilbert okello: i would like to send my message of condolence to a...
- PATRICK OBARA: These are very nice pictures good job well done De...